Worried

For all Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.
Texas Steam Man

Worried

Post by Texas Steam Man » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Wow! First poster!

So your game looks really promising. I'm hoping you won't disappoint...

But I am little concerned at seeing such an empty forum. I hope you guys succeed!

Texas Steam Man signing off (for now)!

COG_Johnny

Re: Worried

Post by COG_Johnny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Thank you for your kind words and concern. Please don't worry. We're not worried.

This is pretty much to be expected. There's a flood (forgive the pun) of games out there. Everyone (including us) has a library full of games that they haven't had time to play. Expecting players to not only play the games but sign up for every single forum board for each of them is just not realistic. We even have one forum board with no signup required just because you know it's another username/password for people to store and deal with.

One thing I noticed straight away after our Announcement was that people were talking about our game but mostly in the Comments section of the articles about us. That is good but also not good to have all these fragmented conversations all over the net instead of in one place. PCGamer had a pretty long and interesting Comments section. Some of it was a bit bizarre but there was some really good questions and discussion points in there.

Overall, Forums are a dying breed. We have ours for when people have questions they want answered or problems (bugs) they want help with. So we're intending to use it to stand by and help anybody who needs it. It's the best way to reach out to us if you need us. It's not likely that anyone will need us prior to launch but you never know. Personally, this game is my favorite topic of conversation so I'm excited to talk about it with anyone who comes along.

But, between you and me, I'm really rather hoping our Technical Help forum board remains empty forever. ;)

Going forward, the bigger challenge for us will be maintaining the Facebook/Twitter channels. That is where everyone seems to go to get their news fix.

I'm a bit of an old-school gamer so they're not my favorite places to communicate. But we want to talk to you guys so we're going where you're going.